Tuesday, November 28, 2006

In the news...

Random highlights

Apparently even in the animal kingdom having a "well-developed rack" will get you some attention. (My favorite line: "It's got no male utilities!")


I know, the "thrill on the hill" is so last week. But it bears reliving over and over and over. Wahoo!


I'm with his mom. Gross! But I'll support you honey if that's really what you want to do with your life... (Said the "witnesses," "We're not always saving lives and protecting property. We also do other things.")



Commentary on what a weird world in which we live:

From public urination, which, apparently is now illegal, but shouldn't be considered to be offensive...


...to public breastfeeding, which, although perfectly legal, is still, by some, considered to be offensive...


...to that all-time great offender, Christmas.

*groan*


And finally: Here are just a couple dedicated to my favorite Pottymouth Sister:

Innovation has taken a nasty turn. Can you say "Panda poo paper production" five times really fast?


When in the city...

7 comments:

b. said...

I emailed my husband the deer-a-doe story.
Party on Cougar Fans!
How do you grow arm hair that long?
Ix Nay on the public peeing.
Little Lactivist-HA!HA!
Christ-less Christmas? Oy-Vey! Help me make sense of that...
Poo paper--anything for a buck.
WTG Charmin...Mr. Whipple would be proud!

Lyle said...

Well said b..

People are not really thatinsecure to be offended by a Nativity scene.

The fact that there is a chance to sue someone and walk away with a lump sum of money[ a.k.a. get rich quick] they will cry and holler "Oh, poor me, I don't think I can be a Jewish anymore because I saw a bunch of people at a Chistian Nativity scene and they sold Fish and Honeycomb." or " Oh, Spanish Fork and Salem give more attention to the LLama Fest and that makes me feel bad for being LDS."

How ironic would it be to make toilet paper out of panda poo? That would make one great white elephant gift.

LuckyRedHen said...

I, too, have a mutant arm hair but I rip it out before it gets too long. Maybe I should let it go and see how long it gets. Then I could be famous too!

JandB said...

how come people are so conscious of celebrating Christmas, but no one asks if i get offended about people celebrating hanukah? to me, i feel like they are keeping me from celebrating christian holidays when they celebrate jewish holidays.

Elizabeth-W said...

As a person who nursed a person who could say her ABCs and count to at least 10 (nursed her til she was just over 2), I am all for women nursing their babies longer. However, I do get a little creeped by people nursing 5 year olds, which is what I saw when I went to my first LLL meeting.
The best part of the BYU game? Checking the "FINAL" score that said Utah won, only to find out via a cell phone call from a friend that ESPN got it wrong, that the Cougs really were the winners. That was such a sweeet moment (esp since the person who called to tell us works for the U, and it took a lot of courage to make the call;) )

Rhonda Sloan said...

Panda Poo Paper would be a lovely Christmas gift for say...a compulsive writer. :)

I will be in NYC in two weeks. I am SO going to Times Square to take some potty photos for you!

dalene said...

Yay! I can't wait!