Friday, March 09, 2007

Let me tell you. . .

. . . about one of my best friends. She is aptly named Melody. She is a strong, clear and lovely voice for light and truth.

Yesterday Courtney asked me an interesting question. "Who is is that nurtures you?" I made some silly reply, but instantly knew I had misspoken. Melody, who is not only a beautiful woman, sister, friend and mother, is also a nurse. She is a healer. She has loved and helped heal my children's skinned or impaled-by-tweezers knees, lacerated and bumped heads, broken hands and bruised bodies. She has helped to heal my body of a serious case of pneumonia and a significant knee surgery. But best of all, her friendship heals my soul.

One day I will write more about this amazing sister-friend whose presence in my life is a precious gift from God. But today I just want you to read the beautiful poem she wrote for Kirsten Hinckley.

Melody would not tell you this, but I can. Her wonderful tribute was read at Kirsten's memorial service and printed on the back of the program for her services. I cannot begin to imagine the grief of losing a child. But I do know that during the deepest of sorrows or the fullest of joys, Melody's voice is that of an angel. In this mortal world there is no other better equipped to offer words of solace, comfort, joy and hope.

9 comments:

QueenScarlett said...

Thanks for pointing me there...and looking forward to reading more about your friend. What a gift.

b. said...

the beauty for ashes trilogy was so amazing and raw and beautiful. You are truly blessed...she has a gift and the willingness to share it-priceless!

i i eee said...

I haven't read something that beautiful in a long time. Thanks for sending me there.

Lianne said...

I too have this linked on my page... that poem is amazing. Someday you will have to introduce me to Melody. She can join our lunch bunch.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Thanks for sharing that...absolutely beautiful.

Special K ~Toni said...

That was beautiful! It is so tragic what happened in Trolley Square.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I'm feeling especially weepy for the families left behind in these sudden and shocking deaths. Melody's gorgeous poem really comforts the soul.

Bek said...

That was beautiful!

R

Geo said...

Beauty attracts beauty. No wonder you two are friends.