Monday, March 12, 2007

Bowling for Ice Cream. . .


...because why the heck would anyone go bowling for soup?


Let me tell you how much I love my hood. In my hood live cool people such as my favorite superhero, kactiguy and his lovely wife the Lo Down. Within our environs we also enjoy the aroma of melody's garden, pflower and the estrogen garden, not to mention the perfectly pungent sister pottymouth. That is some serious blogodaciousness concentrated into one little hood, don't you think?

So last Monday night some of us (sadly sans melody, daredevil mom and sis. pottymouth) got together--along with some non-bloggers we allow to hang out with us--for some serious bowling. Because bowling with kids is heady stuff, you know. Afterwards we all headed over to the realm of Lo-kactiguy-Down for some ice cream. A good time was had by all.
















Notice whose cute kids had the hardest time keeping a straight face? Wonder where they get that from?

17 comments:

Special K ~Toni said...

Man, I wanted to go! Of course, the commute would have been awful! Looks like y'all had a great time!

Geo said...

That looks like some serious stink-eye in photo #3, 3rd child from the left. I'm impressed!

Carina said...

I could spot yours in a second!

pflower10 said...

That was such a fun night!! Next time I'm on the lane with the gates!!!!

i i eee said...

Is it bad that I love the grumpy face pics the best?

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I live in such a boring place. ~sigh~

Cute pics!

Sarah said...

I love the mugging! It's been too long since I bowled. I need to get a posse of pre-teens and do it up right!

dalene said...

meta--the grumpy one is the girl who gets caught holding hands with my seven-year-old son. They think they're going to get married some day. Who knows? They fell in love when they were both only five. But I think she's getting close to the "boys have cooties" stage.

Maybe it's better that way...

Lorien said...

I am soooo proud of my all-time score of 35. Yes! I had a great time too, but I think I need new glasses. That last photo is a peach.

We need to do this semi-regularly, methinks. And also find another similar activity to alternate in. Any ideas?

QueenScarlett said...

So jealous of your hood. Why do nearly all the bloggers I know live in Utah?! (don't say it's zion...;-) Love the faces on those Kids... they are AWESOME!

Lia said...

Ice cream is a wonderful reason to bowl. That's why we eat bowls of ice cream.

Brrr. At least you probably have ice cream weather; here, it's only just starting to warm up.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I like the boy in the last picture. He looks like he's going into a fun induced comatose state. Someone bring that boy some cotton candy......STAT!

dalene said...

Lo--Oh glasses smashes. You're beautiful. And so are your kids. Even when they're pulling faces. That was fun--let's make it tradition. Next time I think we should break out the croquet sets. What say you?

Rhonda Sloan said...

Cute kiddos!

Only a 35 for Lorien? I guess you didn't have the bumper guards up? Try those next time...you will find that it improves your score tremendously. ;)

Ms. Julie said...

What great pics! Looks like you guys had a great time!

I'm in for croquet and ice cream and mugging for the camera.

Bek said...

Loriens daughter in that photo is KILLING me... what a fun day. Should we do it again the week of April 9-13? :-) I'll be in town...

dalene said...

Yay! Bek is coming! You bet!