Monday, December 25, 2006

Look who must have made Santa's nice list...




Me, that's who!

I asked for it. But never for a moment did I think I would get it. I've already been given the moon this year--a trip to Finland. my very own barbara k toolset, a digital camera...

But my sweet husband somehow managed to pull off the impossible. My very own new-to-me laptop. Complete with wireless Internet.

No more kicking off the kids from the family computer. No more turning the screen of our iMac to the corner of the room and fussing over people looking over my shoulder as they wait impatiently to resume their latest IMing.

Now I am sprawled on the sofa--a la Med Ryan--snuggled under a cozy warm quilt and typing to my heart's content.

This is utter and complete blog heaven.




Somehow, I must have managed to have been very nice this past year...

12 comments:

QueenScarlett said...

YIPEE! How wonderful that you get a wonderful year of what you deserve! YAY! Is it the ibook of your dreams? ;-) So... didn't get the imac...but did get a video ipod. So I feel like part of the Apple crowd. ;-) One day...I'll get my imac. ;-)

Carina said...

Welcome to the blanket-couch dwelling blogger world.

~j. said...

Yay for getting what you asked for! (And then some.)

Lyle said...

Like making the bad list was even an option...

Rhonda Sloan said...

Congrats on the new computer...and on the couch lounging...and on those good-looking kids!

dalene said...

Thanks all. (Lyle, you know how to really score one in the comments, don't you?)

Yes, it is an iBook.

If you mean the one of my dreams if I had unlimited funds and were to go out and buy one? No. Not quite. It is used, which is fine. It's an older and smaller model, which is also fine. And when my husband told me the batteries for this model stink I thought he was speaking figuratively. But he wasn't. The batteries for this computer smell like really bad B.O. And I'm not making that up.

But if you mean is it the iBook of my dreams because I never thought I would have one in real life and if I couldn't be more thrilled about it then yes, this is the iBook of my dreams.

Queen, I really hope your one day comes soon!

b. said...

Congrats on being a really really good girl this year! And your kids are adorable!!

sue-donym said...

Yay for you! Of course you have been nice this year. So happy for you, and cute kids too!

Geo said...

Is that what it takes? I'll try to be so good this year, but it won't be easy.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Should I interject here that the folks at my health clinic recommend keeping one's laptop on a surface other than one's lap, to avoid electromagnetic something-or-other??

dalene said...

Good to know...and now I shall consider other places one should keep one's laptop and other names for one's laptop if it is not being kept on one's lap...

dalene said...

p.s. with my aging eyes it's really more of a knee-top--and my knees are shot already!

Geo said...

Maybe the electromagnetic something-or-other will magically fix your knees!