Friday, February 09, 2007

You be the Bard Storytelling Contest

Thanks to the brilliant idea of one of my favorite new bloggers, jennifer b. over at Going Barefoot, I am sponsoring my first ever writing contest.

Your job, should you choose to accept it (and please in the revered name of St. Valentine and all that is romantic, do play), is to write the rest of the story. E-mail me (henfeatherzATgmailDOTcom) your best prose regarding how these young lovers ended up here, eternally entwined:


That's only Challenge I. To complete Challenge II, simply come up with a better parting shot than that uttered by Romeo, "Thus with a kiss I die."

So dip your pens in their inkwells ladies and gents. Let's Play!

(All entries are due by midnight, February 13, and will be posted on Valentine's Day. Then we'll vote on a favorite. The winner will receive a $20 gift card to The Olive Garden. Thanks for playing!)

8 comments:

Special K ~Toni said...

GAWD! This means I have to do WORK this weekend! Horrible four letter word! JJ- will get started tomorrow, or Sunday! Have a great weekend!

Sarah said...

I'm in! Free food, you know I'm into stuff like that ;)

Girl con Queso said...

I hope you post some of the entries. I want to know the rest of the story.

La Yen said...

I just entered. You should pick me, because I am awesome. And I plan on being buried that way with W, but our hands will be around eachother's necks in an eternal chokehold.

Carrot Jello said...

Dang, wish I could write stories.

Melody said...

Mine's done... I had to finish it today because once Monday comes I turn back into a nurse and I don't get to be a writer again until the weekend...

And, just so you know: I don't really care if I win... just like I didn't care that I only got to be 1st attendant at homecoming in high school... really I don't care at all...

dalene said...

Yes, ALL entries will be posted on Valentine's Day. Then you all can have a voting session while I'm off to Las Vegas and Arizona with the band. I'll tally up the votes and announce the winner the following week.

Send your entries to henfeatherzATgmailDOTcom.

Now everybody FROLIC!

Geo said...

I didn't follow the rules, and I don't think it's my best prose, but I did get some twisted family history recorded. And I like my parting shot. Thanks for the invitation, c-dub. It got a different part of my brain half-working again.