Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Be good to you!

So this is not nearly as effective as it was last week, when our high temperatures were lower than this week's lows. But since this week I'm battling a wretched head cold, it still works for me.
I . . . feel . . . cold . . .

After barely enduring the bleakest and most gloopiest January EVER, I've decided my problem (aside from the worst inversion and cold spell in recent memory) lies with me. I obviously didn't get the year off to the right start.

So I'm declaring February "Be Good to You" month.

I will dedicate each day as an opportunity to do at least one thing that is good to me. (Notice I did not say "good for me" but "good to me" as I didn't want to rule out things such as a whipped cocoa bath or other luxuries about which I've heard tell, but which may not actually be good for me). Some days I will post my plan for the day on my side bar. On other days I'll mention what I did that day (it depends on how organized I am) after I've accomplished it.


So tell me, what do you do to be good to you?


14 comments:

Sketchy said...

Back in the back of my cupboard behind all the other things is the good cocoa. It only comes out at night after the kids go to bed, when I really need a treat. Mmmmm, I think its a cocoa night...

Sketchy said...

Oh and I particularly appreciate two aspects of this posts, 1) I completely relate to the mucky/Januaryishness of this post and 2) Totally get the good-to-me vs. good-for-me as evidenced by the above comment.

dalene said...

If it makes you feel any better, the good cocoa is likely rich in antioxidants--so being good to you may very well be good for you!

Unknown said...

In similar fashion to sketchy, my wife and I occasionalyy indulge in some ColdStone icecream after the kids are in bed. It is kind of terrible when they have a store less than five minutes away...I mean they are closer than the supermarket. We can make an "Ultimate Bucket" last for several days.....yum yum yum.

Special K ~Toni said...

How did you get a picture of me in the tub???? I wish! One word.....PEDICURE!!!!!

Carrot Jello said...

I'm with Toni. I give myself a pedicure. I like to get my eyebrows waxed too.

Melody said...

Three words... Ped i cure. And I don't give it to myself, I don't mind paying someone else to be good to me.

Jennifer B. said...

I love to get one of my kids to brush my hair or rub my feet.

I also like a hot bath followed by soft warm P.J.'s, hot chocolate, and a good book (or blog).

sue-donym said...

Herbal tea and a hot bath every night.

I'm also all for pedicures, and massages.

b. said...

A lot of napping is involved.
Reading books, blogs, people magazine, etc.
Massage is GREAT, but rare.
Spend money.
*sigh* is January over yet? Somehow my psyche/feel-goods/spirit/whatever hasn't heard it's February.

Lianne said...

Since February is the BIRTHDAY month, I do a lot of things that make me feel good: woo, shopping, massage, pedicure....oh and going to HAwaii.

Yeah, it's going to be a great month.

pflower10 said...

Manicure's , pedicure's, facial's, massage's, waxing's, reading great book's, cooking great meal's, fabulous s*x's, the best hot chocolate (starbuck's of course), and adding 'S's to everything's. It's been a wonderful morning.

Elizabeth-W said...

You know how I'm being good to me? I'm about to drop about to put down $250 on getting our air ducts cleaned out! While it is soo not sensuous, it is good for our lungs. I'd much rather go spend a day at a swanky spa, though. Decisions, decisions....

dalene said...

Welcome sketchy and jennifer b.

Great ideas all--I love that pedicures are on everyone's mind. (Lyle, you're really missing out!)

b. I hear you about January gloop lagging into February. I'm trying to psych myself out of it. It's not working yet, but maybe it will soon.

pflower--you did all that in one morning? I bow at your feet O Queen of Pleasure!