Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Because I'm slow with my sevens...Five from over the wire:

This just in...a woman apparently died while on a nighttime flight and none of the other passengers--INCLUDING HER HUSBAND!--or the flight crew realized she was dead till the landing. This is one of my greatest fears. I could fall off the face of the planet and no one would know.

Well, except maybe for my always starving teenager.

What's on Hillary's iPod? Who wants to know? The woman obviously had no taste--in fashion, in hair design (OK, so I really shouldn't talk...), nor in men. So why would we be remotely interested in what kind of music she likes? If we just ignore her, will she please go away?

Even the bouncers looked scared? Maybe they should have a disclaimer at the beginning of her concerts...? If we just ignore her, will she please go away?

From my home state: A panel recently ruled that Oregon lawmakers and their staff should not be legislating while drunk. Well OK, so the fact that they actually might be says a lot. But the fact that an independent panel had to advise them that they shouldn't? Well, that says a lot too.

I don't really have anything to say about this, except that as soon as I read the headline I thought the dateline would be Provo. It wasn't. Anybody's second guess?

Five raves to match five rants...

~Inhaling wildly, madly, deeply the honeysuckle growing next to my front door

~Birdsong keeping me company in my early-morning insomnia

~My ten-year-old daughter telling me how she loves the boys she loves

~My six-year-old son telling me how he loves me

~Friends I've never met dropping in to read what's on my mind...

4 comments:

~j. said...

Ahh...what else could it be, but Provo's younger sister?

Sister Pottymouth said...

Madonna? Ewwww! Maybe that Wholly Krap company could come pick her up and dispose of her for us.

Bikini's in Rexburg? Shocking! Only in Provo...uh...I mean Idaho.

dalene said...

I'm just wondering why it never occurred to me to call the police the last time I misplaced my car keys...

JandB said...

i read that article about the bikinis in the actual newspaper. and the whole thing about the hypnotist was blown way out of proportion last fall semester. I definitely remember that. i was hoping that i would get hypnotized over the phone, but alas, they never called me.

what a sad town rexburg is.