Tuesday, May 23, 2006

7 Sevens...for Sister Pottymouth

My 7 Sevens List

~7 things I want to do before I die (+1)
ride a harley
balance my checkbook
learn to play the cello
finish all my quilting projects
be at peace with myself
finish cleaning my house
learn to scat
see something fabulous on Broadway

~7 things I cannot do
curl my tongue
wear socks
be at peace with myself
a four-minute mile
resist wantonly posting links to Lazy Sunday
bring myself to dust
grow up

~7 things that attracted me to my spouse
his offering of home-grown beets
how he loved to dance with the wallflowers
his sense of humor
his generosity
his "best buns in 501s" award
his heart
his ability to notice and appreciate the simple things

~7 things I say often
"wash your hands"
"so sue me"
"be part of the solution, not part of the problem"
"bye, luv ya"
"who made you King of the World?"
"no worries"
"take care"

~7 books I love (+1)
Riddle-Master
Tuesday Next novels
Anna Karinina
Which I read several times.
Long before Oprah told me to.
Unless
Peter Mayle
Reading Lolita in Tehran
The Secret Life of Bees
Ladder of Years

~7 movies I could watch over and over (+1)
So I Married an Ax Murderer
Emma
The First X-Men (mostly just the part where Wolverine saves Rogue)
Pirates of the Caribbean
O Brother Where Art Thou
The Man Who Knew Too Little
Twister
You've Got Mail

~7 People from whom I'd like to hear 7 Sevens
Melody
becks (even if she thinks middle-aged people run funny)
Lyle
Jake Roi
and anyone else who hasn't already been tagged:
YOU'RE IT!

6 comments:

Sister Pottymouth said...

Wow...a blog for me? I'm so honored.

Love your list! I think my favorites are "bring myself to dust" and "grow up." We really are soul sisters. I hate dusting, and you already know that I don't want to grow up.

And a big "awww" about S's loving to dance with the wallflowers. I was a wallflower, and I hated going to dances because of it. It makes me happy to know that there are good guys out there who would dance with the wallflowers.

Lyle said...

I had a feeling you were going to pass this on to me....It's a work in progress as I speak.

X-men....hmmmm.... most impressive. Most impressive indeed. But that is definately allowed if Jake Roi can list Pride and Prejudice. :-)

Melody said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melody said...

Good Golly - My sevens list! That's something to think about. I'll work on it. It should be easy for me since your first two are identical to mine. I want to own a Harley, not just ride one...did I ever tell you about the motorcycle ride I took with Mike J. when I was fourteen and he thought I was sixteen...

dalene said...

Jules--yes, and just for you. Because the only lists I usually make are the to do lists I make at the end of the day when I write down everything I did and cross it out. Just so I can feel better about myself... (Oh, and I really didn't like to use the term wallflower--you, are you kidding me?--but I was trying to explain how he would always pay attention to whomever hadn't been dancing enough during the night--you know, back in the day when you went to the dance and you actually danced with one another--and would always make sure they all got to dance.)

Jake Roi--likewise.

Lyle--please explain...you gave me permission to like X-Men and Jake permission to like Pride and Prejudice?

Carrot Jello--yes, definitely under pressure. But enjoyed the process nonetheless. And no, I'm married to a school teacher. Isn't that like the opposite of being married to a lawyer?

The "So Sue Me" comment is for my kids when they are whining about something I cannot--or will not--change. Someone else put it better--no chance I'd ever be convicted in a court of my peers...

Mel--yes, I'm waiting. And somehow I'm thinking doing the first is going to be so much more fun than doing the second. And do tell about your wild motorcyle ride.

Geo said...

"Woman! . . . whoa, man! . . . wo-o-o-o-o-o-man! . . . hard-hearted harbinger of haggis!" I confess, I loved that movie too. Mike Myers slayed me in that one. Ar ar.

Let's hear more about the beets.