Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Rainy days and Wednesdays

Bad thing: the morning after tax day. Yesterday I got hit by the surprise fact that the lovely $1000 per child tax credit that’s been saving us the past few years stops at age 17, not age 18.
Bad thing: Knowing I will have to take a loan out to pay the state of Utah while it sits high in pork heaven with a bazillion dollar surplus. And that I paid taxes on my taxes as well as on the morally reprehensible sales tax on food. Dear government leaders: How do you people sleep at night?
Good thing: another day, another dollar. At least I’ve got a job.
Bad thing: my day at work. period.
Good thing: I stuck it out. I’m proud of myself because I did not start looking at help wanted ads during my break. Co-workers brought me notes and goodies and tried to make it a better day. And laughed at me when I turned my iPod up so loud they could identify the songs on my playlist.
Bad thing: finding out the high school my kids attend went into lock down because of a bomb threat.
Good thing: learning that everyone was OK and that my 15-year-old was in jazz band at the time and they just kept playing. I love it that the band played on. Jazz is good for nerves. I know.
Bad thing: snow when it should be spring.
Good thing: my day was feeling too busy but my seven-year-old’s soccer game got cancelled because of the weather.
Other good things: laughing because Google maps has a sense of humor and direction #23 for New York to Paris reads as follows: “swim across the Atlantic.”
Finally turning the corner with this stupid sinus infection.
Shirley’s rolls.
Family.
Friends.
A road trip across town with Geo.
Good music.
Laughter.
Having homemade ice cream tonight at the YM’s BBQ even though it is snowing outside.
Getting a Christmas card in the mail today. Postmarked 4/17/07. LOVE it!
Knowing that tomorrow is another day.
Good thing: TGIF! Friday will be a blog swap with everybody’s favorite c jane. I will post on her blog and she will be here. Can’t wait!!

No comments: