Saturday, July 22, 2006

Lazy Saturday

Because I've spent enought time recently dwelling on the dark side, I give you this:


Things by which I am amused...

1). The End's "Brigham Blocks" weekend.

2). This

3). What? "People don't take this costume seriously."

4). A fitness magazine, paid for by my hard-earned insurance-premium-paying money, which concludes all the educational articles regarding HEALTH with a recipe for Raspberry Swirl Squares containing the following ingredients: 3 Tbsp. fat-free tub margarine and 2 cups frozen fat-free or light whipped topping, thawed. (Methinks they need a more enlightened editor. Perhaps Carina?)

5). Little son at breakfast: "Mom, I want you to make this again sometime when no one else eats so I can eat it ALL!"

Me: "You like the farm fresh eggs?"

Little son: "Fresh off a chicken butt?"


Don't laugh. It only encourages him.

6 comments:

~j. said...

I wouldn't like to throw things at the chicken as much as I'd like to visit Bald Knob.

Lorien said...

Fresh off a chicken butt. I love it. But were they fresh off a chicken costume chicken butt? You know, you almost have to have a calling from the Lord to do that type of work.

Regarding brigham blocks, Guy and I figure Brigham is in heaven going, "Now that's something I didn't expect. A valley blossoming like a rose, yes. A stone cut out of a mountain and rolling to fill the earth, yes. But what music would I listen to 150 years later if I was alive? nope, didn't see it coming."

LuckyRedHen said...

Chicken butt. Can't get away with saying that too many times. Haha.

Carina said...

That fat free margarine will send you to the morgue. So, that's pretty healthy.

"Whipped Topping:
Water, Corn Syrup, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil* (Coconut And Palm Kernel Oils), High Fructose Corn Syrup, Less Than 2% Of Sodium Caseinate (From Milk), Natural And Artificial Flavor, Xanthan And Guar Gums, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Monostearate, Beta Carotene (Color)"
* aka transfats

Go HEALTH magazine!

dalene said...

Exactly! Although at last night's 24th of July BBQ I finally figured out why Fat Free anything will eventually help you lose weight: Those of us with tastebuds won't touch the stuff! I passed on the onion and ranch dips both made from fat free sour cream.

I'd rather just go without.

Geo said...

I remember when my cute little niece first made the barnyard bio connection--she brought out from the kitchen a nicely-chilled large white wonder a la styrofoamed Macey's brand to show her parents . . .

"LOOK, Mama!!! It's a CHICKEN egg!!!!"