Tuesday, June 20, 2006

To the jolly porter, in regards to his latest post:

Dear Jolly Porter (whom I've never met),

Que je suis jalouse! I long to return to France, and most especially to see Paris. I was so close...just a mission boundary away.

But I beg to differ about one thing. I found the French eventually warmed up to Americans, as long as the Americans didn't speak French like a Spanish cow. But that was so long ago...and times have changed.

Loved the beautiful photos. I could almost taste the baguettes, the créme fraîche and the smoke-filled rooms. The art and the architecture are so fabulous!

So, as a display of my gratitude, I am going to return the favor. When I return from Finland (in September) I will post the photos just for you. I can't promise a witty travelogue; so the photos will have to do. I hope they'll be worth the wait!



Ametiés,

Compulsive Writer

3 comments:

Lyle said...

I would be one of them there Americans speaking French like a slaughtered Spanish cow. So I'z gess them folks wooda never kwite warm up to the likes of me.

dalene said...

a slaughtered Spanish cow. Now that's funny!

topher clark said...

Wow. Exactly ONE MONTH later Lisa tells me about this post. I'm so sorry not to have seen it sooner. I need to be better about checking blogs.

Thanks for the Helsinki pics. I can smell the mermaids....

cc