Thursday, February 15, 2018

Something I'm proud of

Today I'm proud of getting back on the horse.

Several weeks ago I went to write my post and was horrified to see words to the effect that nothing was here. In other words, this is not the blog you're looking for.

After losing years of writing before, I was tempted to panic, but didn't. At least at first. It was easy to think maybe the issue was with GoDaddy. "Perhaps GoDaddy got up and went." I thought.

But as days went on and after multiple calls by both me and my friend whom I thought was hosting my blog, it became apparent the issue was more serious. Apparently there had been a miscommunication between my friend and I went I took over responsibility for my domain name and while I still don't know who has been hosting my blog since that time over a year ago, or how or why it got disconnected, apparently I am both host-less and blog-less.

Well, unless you could my half-dozen other blogs on blogger.

I have been stressed at work and loathe to take on something that feels and is over my head, so time passed. I finally got back to it this week. I am uncomfortable having conversations trying to fix something about which I don't have enough knowledge or information to address knowingly.

Finally I quit putting it off. I had lame conversations with GoDaddy and others who know more than I do and whose vocabularies are over my head.

And while I'm reassured--at least somewhat--believing the database and my files are safe somewhere and will eventually be sent my way where I can then send them on to someone who make be able to help, there is a part of me who is still afraid that the past couple years of actual writing--plus all the years before (the ones that weren't originally lost) are lost.

In any case, here I am. Writing again. And I have a brand new blog to which I hope we can eventually transfer the files. And tonight I decided not to wait any longer for resolution, but to pick up the hypothetical pen and write again while I wait.

And that feels satisfying. Which is even better than proud.


No comments: