Friday, June 01, 2007

Overheard...

At the ballpark last night after I got a little too frank with the umpire regarding a bad call…
Sheesh. You have smart mouths for fans
–a spectator (because there is a difference between spectators and truefans) to one of my daughter’s teammate’s mothers
In prayer over the French-dip sandwiches I had made for my son and his friends, the brothers Reid, and their dates for their Friday Night Date Night (ask me how much I love it that because they were in my home and not a restaurant they felt the need to offer a prayer over dinner, even on a date)…
And bless us no one will get hurt and we won’t do anything stupid
–the eldest brother Reid
At the end of their prayer, which was quite appropriate given the youngest brother Reid had just thrown the eldest brother Reid’s date smack down on my living room floor…


AMEN!
–me, from the other room, laughing in hearty assent

No comments: